NENA’s Center Manager Certification Program (CMCP) is designed to equip current, new, and potential PSAP and 9-1-1 Authority managers and supervisors with the tools needed to effectively manage their agency through a rigorous 40-hour course of lecture and lab-based education. The program serves as an affordable career advancement opportunity to anyone involved in public safety agency management, and provides education in subject areas that are critically important to anyone looking to forge a long and successful career path.
The CMCP, unlike many other upper-level emergency communications training programs, utilizes a real-world, hands-on approach that is focused on topics encountered daily by managerial and supervisory level personnel: Business Writing,Financial Management, Human Resources, Legal Issues, and Communications Skills. With a curriculum built by current and former 9-1-1 center managers with decades of combined supervisory and training experience, the program will provide you with knowledge and skills that can immediately and drastically improve your on-the-job effectiveness and enhance your agency’s everyday operations.
See what attendees are saying about the CMCP:
Quotes from students:
- “This course provided me with the tools to make my center better for the future and make me a better manager.”
- “Group exercises allowed me to consider other solutions and see that we all have similar issues but different ideas regarding answers.”
- “Very informative, very well prepared… All materials and the instructor were current up to date.”
- “This course was very informative and the curriculum was comprehensive.”
- “Being able to work in groups… bringing ideas together… the amount of knowledge introduced… it was awesome.”
- “This course had lots of helpful topics for my position.”
- “Learning about staffing studies, issue papers, NG9-1-1, and other things I have had minimal exposure to was great!”
- “I was able to not only learn from the instructor, but the group work provided a constant learning experience.”
- “Favorite part of course? Learning new information as well as going deeper into subjects that we need as supervisors.”
- “The materials used were excellent, I wouldn’t change them. We appreciated the effort put into Canadian-izing the content.”
- “I obtained tools I could take back to my center and immediately put into practice.”